With the 40th anniversary of Roe vs Wade this week and all the things happening this weekend to celebrate life. I thought I would use my time this week to highlight a few of them.
The events will include:
- 7 a.m. Prayer Vigil at the South Austin Planned Parenthood Facility, 201 East Ben White Blvd. (Meet for a blessing first at 7 a.m. at San José Parish, 2435 Oak Crest in Austin.)
- 9:45 a.m. Rosary For Life led by teens and young adults while elementary school students reenact the Joyful Mysteries at San José Parish.
- 10:30 a.m. Diocesan Pro-Life Mass celebrated by Bishop Joe Vásquez and Bishop Michael Mulvey at San José Parish. All priests of the diocese are invited to concelebrate. Our diocesan seminarians will be joining us. San José will serve lunch for $5 per person (cash or check) in the Parish Hall after Mass.
- 1 p.m. Texas Rally for Life – Gather for pro-life march at 15th Street and Colorado Street.
- 1:30 p.m. Texas Rally for Life – March to the South Steps of the State Capitol.
- 2–3 p.m. Texas Rally for Life – Program on the South Steps of the State Capitol.
- 3:30– Party for Life at the University Catholic Center, 2010
- 5:30 p.m. University Avenue, hosted by the Catholic Longhorns for Life and the Office of Pro-Life Activities & Chaste Living. Come meet our diocesan seminarians and join us for food, fun, friendship and door prizes. All are invited to attend.
I encourage everyone who can attend these events to do so. If you are going to be there or just want to join in on the conversation via Twitter please use the hashtag #TXLIFE. You can even print out this flyer to encourage others to do the same.
The Holy Father even sends his blessings-
I join all those marching for life from afar, and pray that political leaders will protect the unborn and promote a culture of life.
— Benedict XVI (@Pontifex) January 25, 2013